Re: Compiling Ricky Beam's patched dpt_i2o.c into the kernel in 2.4.0.0-21

From: Ricky Beam (jfbeam@bluetopia.net)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 12:26:19 EST

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Nick Loman wrote:
>I'm trying to compile in Ricky Beam's patched dpt_i2o.c file (for DPT
>SmartRAID V support) into the kernel. I got it working as a module, but
>now I want it compiled directly in.

I run with it compiled in (I boot from the SR-V.)

I've put diffs for 2.4.0-test5 and 2.4.0-test7 up. That's exactly what I'm
running. The .config (config.cramer) is in there for reference.

>The problem I have is that at link stage (make bzImage) it is complaining
>about undefined references to many simple functions such as printk() and
>sprintf().

This is a configuration mismatch. It's looking for versioned symbols.
Do you have module versioning enabled? Did you rerun "make dep" after
changing from a module to built-in?

--Ricky