Compiling Ricky Beam's patched dpt_i2o.c into the kernel in 2.4.0.0-21

From: Nick Loman (nick@loman.net)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 09:31:42 EST

Hey there,

I'm trying to compile in Ricky Beam's patched dpt_i2o.c file (for DPT
SmartRAID V support) into the kernel. I got it working as a module, but
now I want it compiled directly in.

The problem I have is that at link stage (make bzImage) it is complaining
about undefined references to many simple functions such as printk() and
sprintf().

I'm fairly sure this is an easy problem to fix (perhaps the function call
definitions have changed from 2.3 to 2.4 in drivers/scsi/*.c?)
but as I am new to the Linux kernel a few pointers would be really
save me a lot of time.

Your help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Nick.