Re: Availability of kdb

From: lamont@icopyright.com
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 20:56:55 EST

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, David S. Miller wrote:
> Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:46:02 -0700 (PDT)
> From: <lamont@icopyright.com>
>
> I guarantee you that IT managers and CTOs do not share your
> enthusiasm for slow, correct coding when faced with their business
> being down, their revenue stream being interrupted and their stock
> options losing value.
>
> What part of "I don't care" did you not understand when Linus said it?
>
> What part of "More Code, more people, more money. Why should I think
> they are good things?" did you not understand when Linus said it?

Apparently you didn't bother to read past the sentence that you quoted. I
understand quite well that Linus doesn't care. I understand that he does
not think that those things are good. I even agree with him that from
where he's coming from and the kind of development process that he's
trying to create that those things aren't good.

Take a valium and read what I wrote again.