Re: [Fwd: Client Server NEWS FLASH: Novell Plans To Can 60% Over Time]

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 05:30:17 EST

Herr Henning,

I care a lot about the people who work at Novell. There's also a lot of
folks up there I don't like, and it's mutual. I particularly don't care
for Eric Schmidt and his associates and you can be assured this is also
mutual. This is a small tightly woven community out here in Utah
Valley. When people we know and care about start taking guns and
shooting themselves, it really makes you think about things. I cannot
help Novell at this point, but I can create an Open Source community
around NetWare and preserve the culture that follows Novell (and my
friends in Utah who can join it and make new lives out of it since this
will give them the ability to slowly transition towards assimilation by
the Linux World).

Jeff