Re: [patch] Updated bfs to use new mark_buffers_dirty interface

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 16:47:03 EST

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Rasmus Andersen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have changed the interface to mark_buffer_dirty (as per your
> suggestion to Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo). This impacts bfs as per
> the following patch.

Rasmus, thanks of course, but this idea _only_ makes sense if you produce
a big patch that includes _all_ filesystems and the actual VFS interface
to them. Doing individual filesystems, in this case, is no use at all -
your patches cannot be applied gradually.

To be more blatant, the patch you sent me "breaks" bfs because it won't
compile anymore... see what I am saying?

Regards,
Tigran