Re: [RFC] my current kernel todo list

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 13:28:19 EST

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Alexander Viro wrote:
> Erm... You do realize that "by hands" is "by editor commands", don't you?
> Notice that it is not a global search and replace - you see the instance,
> you decide whether to change it with the long sequence of editor commands
> or with the short one.

Yes, I do understand that. In your approach one does:

a) executes a complex vi macro and makes a decision in each instance for
simple cases of mark_buffer_dirty() usage

and then does

b) greps for any "non-trivial" usages thereof (like fat_) and does it by
hand.

Ok, I agree, your approach is superiour to mine, where one does just:

a) greps for any (trivial or otherwise) usages of mark_buffer_dirty() (or
anything that looks remotely like it :) and edit it by hand.

Regards,
Tigran