Re: Definitions

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 13:30:24 EST

In article >20000810120143.D26027@homer.interlan.net>,
Michael W Zappe <zapman@interlan.net> wrote:
>As to people getting mad about me cc'ing their posts to
>linux-kernel: Aren't we supposed to be having an *open*
>discussion on the list? What's so stinking bad in the
>posts, and why is it rude? Or should we commit everything
>we do in the dark?

No. You should simply read RFC1855.

If you're in a public place, you do something "rude", someone approaches
you privately and quitly explains what is wrong instead of doing it
in public, do you then jump on the table and yell through a bullhorn
"this guy thinks he knows better"? If so, you're probably not from
the same planet I am.

But I guess you're probably not much fun on parties anyway..

Mike.

--
Cistron Certified Internetwork Expert #1. Think free speech; drink free beer.
		http://www.kalifornia.com/images/paradise.jpg