Re: [off-topic] ATX-boot after power outage?

From: clubneon (clubneon@clubneon.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 16:02:35 EST

Yes, this is a bios feature. Some motherboards also have a jumper that
you can (un)set to deturmine the state after power restore. Usually
choices are, always on, always off, or restore previous state (the one I
use when available).

If these options are not provided (and a BIOS update doesn't add them). I
saw a hardware hack mentioned on slashdot a while back that involved
connecting two pins of the ATX power connector together to provide an
always on setting. Sorry I don't remember which two pins.