Re: Exec-summary of POSIX influence?

From: H. Peter Anvin (hpa@zytor.com)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 15:06:15 EST

Followup to: <m3puoqkpcb.fsf@maya.linux.ca>
By author: Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@canada.com>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> Does anyone know where I might find an executive summary of POSIX
> 1003.1 standards that influence the kernel? Is this document posted
> freely anywhere (Does IEEE want a fee for it?)

Um.... ALL of them influence the kernel (although they technically
describe what the C library should provide -- but the C library can
only do this with the help of the kernel in most places), and yes,
IEEE wants a fee for it. However, you can look at the Single Unix
Specification at http://www.opengroup.org/ for a good idea.

        -hpa

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt