Re: console_lock too early in printk???

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 14:01:18 EST

Chris Lattner writes:
> Assuming I'm operating on which platform?

Irrelevent as far as this goes.

> What if the platform has copy_from_user defined as memcpy?

Then it is broken as far as security is concerned and should be re-worked
to fix this problem as well.

However, this point is also irrelevent since how you get the data for
printk to use into kernel memory is not, and has never been under discussion
in this thread.
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\