Vojtech's via82cxxx.c failure report.

From: Marcelo de Paula Bezerra (mosca@roadnet.com.br)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 11:51:06 EST

Hello,
        I just tried the via82cxxx.c you posted to the linux kernel mailling
list a while ago and it refused to do dma correctly for me. It showed
lot's of errors during boot up and finaly disabled DMA and proceded the
bootup sequence (It only sucessed to read hdb partition table after the
ide bus reseted and wipped out the DMAs).
        This chipset is labeled ETEQ but what I've seen is that it is no more
than vias chipsets renamed and it reports itself as a VIA device via the
PCI BUS.
        This chipsets clains to be able to do UDMA33 and my disks are all
UDMA33 able (hdb is UDMA66).

        Andre's code with via tunning enabled fails as well, and without tunnig
will let the drive as UDMA33 with only ocasional BadCRC messages...

hdb: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hdb: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }

--

Tekmetrics certified Master Linux Administrator http://www.tekmetrics.com/transcript.jsp?pid=97219