Re: UDMA(33)/(66) or What the heck is going on?

From: Garst R. Reese (reese@isn.net)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 17:08:32 EST

Andre Hedrick wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Garst R. Reese wrote:
> >
> > The problem of coders (techies in general) not being good at documenting
> > their own work is presumably well known. If not, RTFM for examples. The
> > problem is exacerbated by the simple fact that many of the best
> > developers have english as a second (or third) language, but most of the
> > problem stems from the fact that the explanation seems "obvious" to the
> > coder.
>
> Nicely stated. I can do it, teach it, and show it, but writing about is
> impossible......or close.
>
> > I would like to suggest a linux-kernel-documentation list that writers
> > could subscribe to. Developers would submit their needs for
> > clarification to this list, possibly with a copy or notes in their
> > native tongue. Writers would request clarification where necessary and
> > write a clean explanation to go into linux/Documentation.
>
> Pinch/kick me is the is a dream.....
>
> Where are you going to find the folks to care on this task?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andre Hedrick
> The Linux ATA/IDE guy
Well, my wife keeps telling me that I'm doomed to the life of an n of
one,
but I think that there are people, like myself, that have writing skills
and enough programming and technical background to contribute to this
task as a way of paying back the devs for their work. Who knows, maybe
they will even get a job offer out of their efforts.
 In anycase, if you have documentation that you feel is too rough, mail
it to me and I will try to clean it up and send it back.

Garst