Re: Query on UDP Sockets on Linux.

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 07:46:47 EST

> > should go to the vendors, linux-kernel is for official kernel releases.
> > It most likely doesn't have the bugfixes though." Could you please
> > elaborate.
>
> 2.2.12-something is a patched redhat kernel with unofficial patches. Any
> bug reports about that should go to RH, not to linux-kernel.

Be serious. If people stuck to that we would get no bug reports. You'd have
to point reiserfs, ext3, anyone writing their own driver, .. elsewhere.

I dont even think there is a bug here.

Thread 1 closes the file handle
Thread 2 has it locked open until recvmsg() returns

Then it closes.

Probably thread1 needs to send thread2 a signal

Alan