2.4.0-test2: Hang on Probe PCI with docked laptop

From: Michael Lazarou (etlmelu@deep-thought.ericsson.se)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 07:09:16 EST

Dell Latitude CPx H500GT:
PentiumIII 500MHz: Bios A03.

Booting 2.4.0-test2 whilst docked causes the machine
to hang at PCI: Probing PCI Hardware

Same machine works fine with 2.2.x and works fine with
2.4.0-test2 when undocked. The only other kernel I have
tried on this laptop is 2.3.99 and that didn't work either.

I tried changing PCI access method from Any to BIOS but
there is no difference. Kernel was compiled using egcs-1.1.2

Attached is my config and the output of lspci -vv when the
machine is docked and running 2.2.14.

I seem to remember Alan mentioning some problem with Dell
and PCI at some point. Is this a known issue?

Michael