Re: 2.2.14/APM: Thinkpad 560 can suspend/hibernate only once

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@linuxcare.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 15:16:30 EST

>>>>> "Sanjoy" == Sanjoy Mahajan <sanjoy@mrao.cam.ac.uk> writes:

Sanjoy> I still cannot get my ThinkPad 560 (BIOS 1.11) to suspend or
Sanjoy> hibernate more than once; I'm running a mostly stock RH 6.2,
Sanjoy> with kernel 2.2.14 patched with the 2.2.14-APM.3 patch (now
Sanjoy> integrated into 2.2.15pre8).

Sanjoy> On the second suspend attempt (both using Fn-F4), the suspend
Sanjoy> light flashes for maybe 30 seconds and then no luck. Here is
Sanjoy> the extract from the syslog:

Let me guess you have a 3Com MegaHertz Ethernet/serial card? I have
that problem with my 600E - I can only suspend if I unplug the
Ethernet card or stop the PCMCIA subsystem first.

Jes