Re: Code and Community (was Re: reiserfs)

From: Chip Salzenberg (chip@valinux.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 11:48:38 EST

According to Richard Gooch:
> Hans is not the only person one the list who's behaviour is
> objectionable, so I really don't think he should be singled
> out for ostracism.

Hans happened to trigger the discussion, and I happen to dislike his
conspiracy theories, so I could see how it would look like I'm picking
on him specifically. But I'm not. I'm just taking this opportunity
to discuss the theory and practice of open source cooperation.

On the other hand: It's not necessary to wait for the one and only
worst social interaction on L-K before the issue can be discussed.

On the gripping hand: I don't think Hans' particular brand of
irritation should keep reiserfs out of the kernel. If Hans were,
hypothetically, to become impossible to work with someday, we would
have no problem with maintenance, because the reiserfs programming
team would still be available ... and they've shown themselves to be
friendly and cooperative, as far as I can recall.

--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>