Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: Adam Sampson (azz@gnu.org)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 16:47:29 EST

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 12:42:12PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> NTFS isnt designed for Win2K file systems.

Fair enough.

> Whats going on with the UFS one if its eating FreeBSD file systems it
> needs looking at (along with the DU bug). What kernel rev, and is your
> FreeBSD running UFS or the soft update modified stuff ?

At the time, I was using Linux 2.3.99-pre3 and FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE. The
filesystem wasn't using softupdates. I booted back into Linux, mounted the
ufs partition (my home directory), edited my .bashrc with vim, unmounted the
parition, then rebooted. The FreeBSD fsck turned up a number of errors (oh,
and the file I'd edited was lost). I didn't really want to experiment any
further.

I've since moved back to Linux. fbcon, can't live without it...

--

Adam Sampson azz@gnu.org