Re: It's time to get rid of zImage

From: Frank Davis (fdavis112@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 18:18:21 EST

Which boot loader would you suggest? I'm trying not to use LILO at this
point. What's interesting is that 2.3.36 works for me (with loadlin), but
2.4.0-test1-ac16 doesn't. Originally, I thought that the reason why the
box rebooted during boot time had to do with APM/ACPI, however, I have
the APM/ACPI option off, so it isn't that. Next, I thought it was a
vmlinux.lds issue. But it appears that neither is the issue (from recent
emails on this thread). What happens if I try 'make zdisk', would I get
the same results?

-Frank
btw, I'm not sure why 'Aquehongian Lodge 112....' came up on the email,
it wasn't there in my Netscape mail settings when I sent it out to l-k.