Re: knfsd and ext2? Huh?

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 14:56:07 EST

    TM> There are also a couple of other minor SMP race fixes that
    TM> should go in to the final 2.4.0. I haven't sent them to Alan,
    TM> but perhaps I should...

    A > Should we try them?

I've sent them in to Alan. They are present in 2.4.0-test1-ac17 and
upwards. Christian Iseli, who's had problems with lockups and hangs
under plain 2.4.0-test1 reported that 2.4.0-test1-ac18 seemed to have
fixed his problem.

In addition, there are some small knfsd issues which Russell King
helped me track down. They relate to the way in which we organize the
duplicate request cache. Related to this is an issue wrt. the xid
allocation in the client on machines without an RTC. However neither
of these should cause you too Oops.

Cheers,
  Trond