RE: 2 sound cards

From: Nerijus (nerijus@sat.lt)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 04:57:44 EST

> > If I load first sb for opti:
> > options sb mad16=1
> > options mad16 io=0x530 irq=7 dma=0 dma16=3 mpu_io=816 mpu_irq=9 joystick=1
> >
> > and then try to load sb for AWE, ir says sb already loaded.
>
> If you need to load sb twice (which from the lockup maybe you do but it seems
> odd) do
>
> insmod -o sb2 sb io=.. etc

It works, thank you. But I had to disable mpu_io at 330 with isapnp,
could it be because of that my AWE64 gets detected as SB Pro?

Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
SB 3.02 detected OK (220)
This sound card may not be fully Sound Blaster Pro compatible.
In many cases there is another way to configure OSS so that
it works properly with OSS (for example in 16 bit mode).
Please ignore this message if you _really_ have a SB Pro.

I used insmod -o sb2 sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5