Kernel Oops under Cyrix 686L 2.2.14 and 2.2.15

From: Tim O'Shea [tmo] (tmoshea@mailbox.syr.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 00:44:29 EST

This is my first foray into Kernel debugging and trouble shooting. Please
forgive any errors or omissions.

Over the last two months I have been experiencing kernel Oops. I just had
the 7th oops over the past weekend and I can no longer deal with the
unexpected crashes and downtime. Given my frankenstein components
(SuperMicro P5STE AT Motherboard, Cyrix 686L Pro200+GP processor) I am
planning on dropping to an Intel Pentium 133Mhz chip in hopes of
alleviating this problem (these problems?).

I was prompted to post my Oops to this list so that the details may
illustrate a problem or underscore some misconfiguration on my part.

I have reviewed the linux-kernel mailing list FAQ for all relevant detail
in regards to this posting and the possible source of my problems. I also
reviewed the various Cyrix HOWTO pages as well as the newsgroups before
posting here.

My only ballpark guess is that something in the disk access or filesystem
code is causing the problem under my configuration. Other than that I am
at a loss. The error is not something I can readily duplicate.

Oops are attached to this message as ksymoops dumps. There is also an
attachment of my dmesg dump and a copy of my .config from my most recent
kernel (2.2.15) build.

Please direct any inquiries or requests to tmoshea@mailbox.syr.edu
I am subscribed to the digest so any "To-the-list" responses may take me a
day or two.

Thank you. I look forward to resolving this headache.

Tim O'Shea