Re: 2.2.16 breaks audioplay on some cdrom drives

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 17:13:27 EST

On Sun, Jun 11 2000, Ingo Wilken wrote:
> Hi
>
> After upgrading to 2.2.16, the CDROM drive on one of my systems (an old
> Sony CDU-76S SCSI drive) could no longer be used to play audio tracks.
> The problem is that .16 no longer supports the play track/index-ioctl
> directly, but simulates it with GPCMD_PLAY_AUDIO_MSF. Unfortunately,
> the Sony drive only supports the track/index-command for audio playback.
>
> The following patch for 2.2.16 restores the low-level SCSI
> track/index-ioctl (from 2.2.15) in sr_ioctl.c and adds a kludge to
> cdrom.c to fall back to the low-level ioctl if GPCMD_PLAY_AUDIO_MSF
> returns an error. It's not very elegant, but works here.

Better yet, strip CDROMPLAYTRKIND entirely off the mmc_ioctl list
and just keep it in sr_ioctl. This command is only used by SCSI
generic units, so there's actually no real reason to keep it in
the Uniform layer.

Thanks for reporting this, I'll make sure it gets fixed ASAP.

--
* Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
* SuSE Labs