Re: Anyone working on a POWER port?

From: Sarah Nordstrom (sarahemm@technodyke.com)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 14:57:23 EST

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Yep, i know. Though, IBM seems to have a *LOT* of documentation available on the web (just take a look at www.redbooks.ibm.com), and in hardcopy.. Anyway, i'll have the box sometime before next weekend, so i'll start getting GCC up and running making POWER code first. I'll put up a status page to let people know where things are going with this, if anyone cares, and post the URL when it's up.
Thanks for the info :o)

 -- SarahEmm

>The big challenge is coding support for the various microchannel
>peripherals. Many of the IBM-branded adapters are similar to those
>marketed for Intel computers, but often have different firmware. API
>information is likely to be difficult or impossible to come by.
>
>Support for the older boxen has been discussed on the list from time to
>time, but I don't think it's ever gone anywhere. Still, good luck!

Techno Dyke Headquarters -> http://www.technodyke.com
The Gathering Place for the Web Savvy Dyke!