Reproducible oops on 2.4.0-ac13

From: Kevin O'Connor (koconnor@cse.Buffalo.EDU)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 02:23:57 EST

I am able to reliably crash ac13 on my ABIT bp6 dual celeron machine. The
procedure I used is the following:

boot machine
login as root
umount /dev/hde1
fsck -f /dev/hde1

The fsck completes around 5-10% before causing a kernel panic.
/dev/hde1 is mounted on /usr/src and is not used for any critical
resources. The hde1 interface uses the HPT366 IDE interface, while the
root directory (/dev/hda) uses the Intel chipset. DMA is enabled at boot;
no manual hdparm modifications have been made.

I am including as attachments:

IDE bootup messages
ksymoops output
lspci
/proc/cpuinfo
/proc/modules
/proc/version

-Kevin

 | Kevin O'Connor                     "BTW, IMHO we need a FAQ for      |
 | koconnor@cse.buffalo.edu            'IMHO', 'FAQ', 'BTW', etc. !"    |