Re: tcp_timestamps problems with BSD ? (2.2.14,2.2.16)

From: kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 13:12:42 EST

Hello!

> Should we prevent fragmentation? The logic below is passive. In active
> case the other host might not support timestamps and then we'd be stuck
> with a lower mss.

Why not to look at protocol specs? Advertised MSS is calculated
not taking into account any TCP or IP options, certainly.
If MSS=1460, maximal TCP payload is 1448 with timestamps.
It is made exactly to avoid dependencies on the result of
option negotiation.

In this case sending TCP is hopelessly broken.
If you want to talk to this, you have to disable all TCP options.

Alexey