problem with 2.2.16

From: Santiago Garcia Mantinan (manty@i.am)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 00:50:24 EST

Hi!

Maybe this is known, but just in case...

2.2.15 used to run without problems, but when today I patched to 2.2.16 I
got an error scrolling all the way up the console, it reads like this:

VFS: Grow buffers: size=XXXX

Where XXXX changes from one trial to others, but reads from 8192 and up.

This looks to me as something is broken with raid, as seems to start
shouting just after getting the raids registered. I have both raid0 and
raid1. As I had put another raid0 machine to work today without problems I
thought It was raid1 wich was broken, so I removed support for raid1 and
left raid0 but the error was still there, so I then removed all the md
support and the error went away.

The computer is a Pentium MMX 200 with a sym53c875J scsi controller and two
uscsi drives on wich the raids go.

If you want any more info I might have omited just ask.

Regards...

--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net

PS: Please CC me, as I'm not on the list.