[Note to Alan Cox]

From: John Alvord (jalvo@mbay.net)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 21:41:40 EST

I was trying to send you a note and the email was rejected because of
an ORBS block. OK Fine... I can beat up my ISP or move or whatever.
The email transcript included

        http://www.orbs.org/verify.php3?address=206.40.79.2

and I used it to query the orbs database.

The weird thing is that the browser screen is peppered with MYSQL
errors. Down into the page it says

> Database Check - 206.40.79.2
>
>Warning: 0 is not a MySQL result index in /home/Orbs/verify.php3 on line 42
>
>Warning: 0 is not a MySQL result index in /home/Orbs/verify.php3 on line 62
> 206.40.79.2 is not in the main automated open relay database

which suggests that there is no problem.

This situation has persisted for over 24 hours.

I poked around on the web page, asking it to probe the above IP
address. The result was another cascade of MYSQL errors.

Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? Should I beat up my ISP
or what?

Thanks,

john alvord