Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggestsdelaying

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@linuxcare.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 12:32:01 EST

>> Yura Rupasov, please send us a complete set of fresh benchmarks of
>> ext3 vs. reiserfs if you aren't doing anything more urgent.

Alan> I would expect reiserfs to do far better since its doing things
Alan> like pure meta data journalling and much smarter
Alan> algorithms. However I still don't get the ext3 v reiserfs
Alan> thing. I don't understand the 'versus' thing.

Remember the movie called 'conspiracy theory'? We all know that
Stephen has set up a secret cabal to run reiserfs and all it's users
out of town.

It would be really nice if Hans would once get the clue and realize
that it's not meant as competition and there is space for more than
one file system in the kernel.

Funny thing is of course the ext3 is not integrated in 2.4 either, so
I wonder if Stephen will start running around accusing Hans of all
sorts things as well soon.

Jes