Re: (reiserfs) Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 10:08:39 EST

weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk said:
> I stand both corrected and fascinated.
> Are there any reasons beyond "playing fair" and potentially making a
> merge of new journalling code slightly harder that none at all of
> these should be allowed in?

JFFS runs on top of MTD devices directly, and doesn't require any of the
generic JFS code for dealing with block device access at all.

There's no reason to make it wait, except for the minor fact that the person
who's doing the 2.3 development isn't sure it's quite ready yet. Oh, and the
fact that we're supposed to be in a code freeze, if that's deemed to be
relevant :)

--
dwmw2