Re: New Linux 2.5 - 2.6 TODO (Alan Cox suggests delaying reiserfs integration)

From: Christopher R. Thompson (Christoffur@Sally.TfJC.Com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 15:52:06 EST

FWIW: I don't care if I have to reformat my disk every day to test new
code. I want the most efficient filesystem available. I should be able
to choose when to upgrade my production systems, and workstations at my
own convenience, and with the best filesystems that get the job done for
me!.

minix and ext2 are not going to be dropped from the kernel when ext3 is
adopted so what is all the fuss about old versions of riserfs?

The more FS's available, the merrier.

Put em all in the kernel. If someone can't maintain it pull it out or
leave it alone.