Re: Abit KA7 PCI problems? (Kx133 + es1371)

From: Frederic Bouvier (frbouvi@club-internet.fr)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 05:23:09 EST

John Fulmer wrote:

> Having a problem with my new Abit Athlon MB.
>
> I just replaced a FIC SD-11, which was working just fine, with an
> identical system, except for the motherboard. Everything works fine
> (except for a known 'jumping' problem with the KA7's and the PS/2
> mouse, erk!), except for my ES1371 (Creative AudioPCI) card, which
> worked fine in the old system. What happens is that everytime the
> card is accessed for more than a few seconds (like a realaudio
> stream, or mp3 file), the system locks hard and there is a high
> pitch tone coming from the card. I have to reset the system to
> reboot. The magic syskey doesn't even work.

[..snip..]
I encounter the same problem here with a KA7 and an ES1371. When I try
to play an mp3 file with mpg123 or xmms, the system get frozen,
with no oops or gpf. Everything else is running just fine, even the
mouse. My kernel is currently 2.4.0.test1-ac7 but it is the same
since I swapped my motherboard. This problem as already been reported (see http://kernelnotes.org/lnxlists/linux-kernel/lk_0004_04/msg00607.html)
but without any response.

I volunteer myself to test everything knowledged people can thing of to
solve this annoying problem.

-Fred