Newbie Question

From: Sharon Valerie (sharon@newave.net.au)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 07:01:00 EST

Hi all,

I am very new to linux and extremely new to this mailing list.

I have a redhat linux 6.2 serverbox which is configured currently with a
debian slackware 2.2.12 kernel. This particular kernel version has been
well documented to be unstable with the software that I am running and I
have experienced severe application freezes lasting from 10-15 minutes at a
time.

Kernel version 2.2.10 is said to be stable with the application. I would
like to downgrade the current kernel to the aforementioned. Is this
possible? What are the risks involved? How would one go about the
downgrading procedure? And what is the estimated time taken to conduct this
procedure?

I sincerely appreciate any help given on this matter,

Best Regards,

Sharon