Re: NM256 and Panasonic CF-M1 on 2.4-pre1

From: Simon Cozens (simon@brecon.co.uk)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 09:00:54 EST

Alan Cox (lists.linux-kernel):
>Firstly find exactly which patch killed it and look at the diffs in that
>patch.

As I suspected, posting to linux-kernel fixed it: five hangs, I post to
l-k. Reverse a patch, (ac97_codec.c between 99-pre8 and pre1) insmod, it
works. rereverse, insmod, it still works. Try the original module. It
still works.

Murphy wins again. *sigh*. Sorry to bother. (Course, it's possible that
the card was somehow wedged, and removing one of the guard lines allowed
Linux to force some sense into it, but...)

--
"Anyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic means is, of
course, living in a state of sin."