NM256 and Panasonic CF-M1 on 2.4-pre1

From: Simon Cozens (simon@cozens.net)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 08:21:40 EST

Previously (2.3.99-pre*) I could get the NeoMagic sound card working
with the NM256 driver using the force_load=1 option; I've just found
Doug Bagley's (CC'd) page which confirms that the CF-M1 does use a
non-emulated NeoMagic card and force_load is necessary.

Now on 2.4-pre1, though, the loading the module locks the machine
*hard*. No panic or oops, just stone deadness. This is kinda mildly
annoying.

I'm willing to help debug this in that I've got the time, the inclination
and the machine handy, and I'm happy to throw patches at it and watch it
crash. I'll also pepper it in printks at some point to locate the crash.

--
An algorithm must be seen to be believed.
		-- D.E. Knuth