Re: NM256 audio trouble

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 13:32:21 EST

> > The NM256 driver doesnt work on the Dell Latitude. The OPL3-SA driver might
>
> You sure about that? I've been using that driver on my Latitude CPi A366 for
> some time and I've never had a problem with it.

My problem s/the /that / on the above. Its all really odd. It appears there are
three species of neomagic audio - or one that has 3 microcode sets. We have no
docs from neomagic so it is tricky to tell.

Some of them are nm256 driver, some are opl3sa* and some think they are sound
blasters.

Confused ? join the club.

ALan