Re: Advertising SuSe on lkml

From: Pavel Machek (pavel@suse.cz)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 06:31:50 EST

Hi!

> > I find this really offensive. Since when do we have to buy a some stupid
> > assed distro (e.g. SuSe, RH) to get what they perceive as stability.
> > SuSe = RH = M$
>
> Who said you need to buy anything ? Sources are out there. But yes,
> it's really

In fact I written that there's backport (that was first sentence). You
don't even need to look into SuSE's srpms:
http://www.suse.cz/development/backport is the way to go, and (almost)
everyone knows that.

Linus said he do not want backport to be merged into 2.2 -- that's why
2.2. does now have decent usb.

--
The best software in life is free (not shareware)!		Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+