TIVO Stubbs Required (Re: Linus' -test1 oddity)

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 23:38:01 EST

On Sat, 27 May 2000, Russell King wrote:

> Alan Cox writes:
> > No idea. send me a diff
>
> In fact, it goes further than that - all IDE DMA stuff is now reliant on
> the IDEDMA_PCI configuration option, which is totally bonkers.
>
> Andre - any ideas what's caused this stupid change?

Sorry Russell,

Mike, the stuff you sent me is not an option.....it has created more of a
mess than I care to discuss......It is being yanked until.....

I offered a VENDER_SPECIFIC_STUB OPTION, you said no.....
I now say its the only way.........

I am happy to work with TIVO using Linux in a commerial application.
You need to examine all the kernel code, all platforms, before attempting
to do wat you are asking.

#ifndef TIVO_SPECIFIC_WORK_AROUNDS
#endif

This is acceptable as is the #ifdef.........

I looked at you design way to early in the morning with out sleep.....

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy