Re: [KBUILD] Re: Announcing CML2, a replacement for the kbuild system

From: Dax Kelson (dax@gurulabs.com)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 12:18:58 EST

Alan Cox said once upon a time (Sat, 27 May 2000):

> Our relationships are heirarchical so you can build a dependancy graph and
> then recursively backtrack to find the dependancies.
>
> Alan

Not in all cases. The other day teaching I found there is a something
under "Character devices/Video For Linux" which depends on sound being
built. It was during class, so I didn't have the time track down exactly
which driver it was. This was with the kernel source that ships Red Hat
6.2 (I bet the non-heirarchical dependancy exists in the regular kernel
too).

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs