Re: Announcing CML2, a replacement for the kbuild system

From: Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 02:48:19 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
> > I agree; why CAN'T we configure the linux kernel more like we do the
> > BSD ones? Their code and schema is very elegant and simple. And

> The BSD setup is not end user friendly. There is actually only one
> fundamental end user problem with our current setup. When a user
> says 'I want XYZ' it should turn on everything needed to get XYZ.

> If I hit my capture card option it should turn on i2c,
> video4linux,procfs, etc

Which either means that the user doesn't ever see the option to turn
on i2c, video4linux, procfs, and that behind the scenes those files
are compiled and linked appropriately.

Or, the options automatically turn on once you hit the capture card
option.

                        Roger.

*       Common sense is the collection of                                *
******  prejudices acquired by age eighteen.   -- Albert Einstein ********