Re: [KBUILD] Re: Announcing CML2, a replacement for the kbuild system

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 11:31:09 EST

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>:
> > As long as it will still work with a minimum development environment (no
> > TCL, TK, perl, or X). I still have to think whether I put lex/yacc on the 486,
> > I just don't remember...
>
> Python does dynamic binding with a lot of stuff. That means its relatively
> easy to try and load gtk, fail, try and load tk, fail and go back to command
> line

Easy and working, as the 0.1.2 beta of CML2 demonstrates.

It's possible to do this in other scripting languages, but only just --
you'd have to go through strange contortions with dynamically-generated
import statements.

--

The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations. -- David Friedman