Re: Announcing CML2, a replacement for the kbuild system

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 00:03:51 EST

Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com) writes:
[lotso stuff about some coding]

I'm not about to jump into the religious war about programming languages
et al (if I did, I'd be squarely in the do-it-C camp, supporting BitKeeper
has taught me that if you care about maintaining something you don't
depend on scripting languages which keep getting "better" and breaking
old scripts - but I really don't see it as a big issue in this case).

I'd just like to welcome Eric back to programming. I personally think that
you lead by example, and what better way to lead a bunch of programmers than
by programming? Welcome back, Eric, it's good to see you doing what you do
so well.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled religious war about programming
languages. Tune in next week for our discussion of licensing models :-)

--
---
Larry McVoy            	   lm@bitmover.com           http://www.bitmover.com/lm