Module debugging using kgdb

From: Amit S. Kale (akale@veritas.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 05:27:32 EST

Hi,

gdb had a bug due to which addresses of symbols in object files
loaded using 'add-symbol-file' command were calculated incorrectly.
This caused problems in debugging modules using kgdb, source level
debugger stub for linux kernel.

This gdb problem has been fixed now. Please visit
    http://kgdb.sourceforge.net/
to get a script 'loadmodule.sh' which loads a module and
generates a gdb script. The gdb script loads module file into
gdb at correct addresses.

You need a new gdb to use above script. I have placed there
a prebuilt version for RedHat 6.2

(Some guys had experienced gdb and gcc going out of sync
wrt line number info for modules. This problem is not directly
related to above mentioned gdb bug. But I hope using new gdb may
be a workaround for that also. I have been using above script
and gdb successfully for some time.)

Regards.

--
Amit Kale