Re: Help: vfs problem?

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 18:33:06 EST

Russell King writes:
> It is not limited to BM-DMA. I can reproduce the exact same crashes by
> doing repeated hdparm -t /dev/hda with the drive in PIO mode.
>
> That means that there are zero active PCI bus masters on the bus. What
> next? I dunno, but there definitely seems to be some problem there.

Well, things have moved on since the above, and we have had some progress
thanks to several peoples input to this problem. It appears that it is
not a buffercache problem after all, but a shm problem.

I'll try to narrow this down further in the next few days.
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/~rmk/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\