Samba mounting in 2.3.99-pre9-pre3

From: John Hayward-Warburton (Programming account) (linux@billabong.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 16:04:41 EST

May I join with another user in mentioning a problem with mounting smbfs
shares in 2.3.99-pre9-pre3 that didn't happen in pre9-pre2?

This is using samba-2.0.7 compiled on this kernel, having also tried it
compiled on pre9-pre2. smbfs is compiled in; I'm about to test it as a
module, and will report if the symptoms are any different. The problem
happens during the execution of smbmnt which, as far as I can see from
strace, executes this:

mount("//lucy/c", "/shares/lucy/c", "smbfs", 0xc0ed0000, 0xbffff48c) = -1
EFAULT (Bad address)

The shell reports "mount error: Bad address".

Any ideas for further tests?

Yours,
John HW
linux@billabong.demon.co.uk