Re: USB audio lockup in 2.3.99-pre8 onwards.

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 06:51:14 EST

sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch said:
> That is just after a call to drain_out (with my compiler), so why does
> drain_out not show up?

> The ioctl in question seems to be DSP_SYNC.

drain_out definitely seems to be OK to me. Probably doesn't show up because
it's declared static.

AUIU, the 'NMI Watchdog detected LOCKUP' message means that the offending
CPU failed to service the timer IRQ for five seconds.

Is it possible that drain_out is getting invoked with interrupts disabled?
Or would the schedule() re-enable them anyway?

Could this be caused by interrupt storm on an IRQ with higher priority than
the timer?

> I can't see anything bad here...

It's probably symptomatic of a problem somewhere else. I strongly suspect
that running in UP mode will completely change the IRQ setup, and it'll
either magically start working, or the USB will be one of the devices which
doesn't manage to get an IRQ, and just doesn't work at all. I'll try it
when I get home, though.

--
dwmw2