Re: USB audio lockup in 2.3.99-pre8 onwards.

From: Thomas Sailer (sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 06:18:50 EST

David Woodhouse wrote:

> With 2.3.99-pre8 and later kernels (I didn't ever compile pre7) on my BP6
> motherboard, I can no longer use a USB audio device. I think that interrupts
> are going missing. This happens with both the usb-uhci driver and the old
> uhci driver.

Hm. There have been no (significant) changes to audio.c in pre7/pre8...

> NMI Watchdog detected LOCKUP on CPU1, registers:

SMP? I never ran it on SMP since I don't have an SMP machine...
Does it go away on UP?

> Trace; ca8734eb <[audio]usb_audio_ioctl+1e3/b58>

That is just after a call to drain_out (with my compiler),
so why does drain_out not show up?

The ioctl in question seems to be DSP_SYNC.

I can't see anything bad here...

Tom