Re: [patch] Re: 2.2.16pre nls in 2.3?

From: Petr Vandrovec (vandrove@vc.cvut.cz)
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 17:31:26 EST

On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 05:49:37PM +0200, Urban Widmark wrote:
> http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/nls16-2.3.99-pre9-2.patch.gz
> Touches fat/vfat, isofs, ntfs, ncpfs (and nls). Please test if you are
> using any of them with non us-ascii. They are not supposed to behave
> differently, only be a little more prepared for 16bit charsets.

> + New codepages not included (since they are huge!), but they are easily
> added.
Hi Urban,
   from ncpfs point of view it looks OK. I have one question - currently
callers of ncp_io2vol conversions assume that this conversion will not
produce string longer than original (it can produce shorter if external
encoding is utf8). But after multibyte encodings come to kernel, this
may be no longer true. Is there any method to compute upper boundary of
resulting string size? I do not want to use get_free_page() for
temporary results :-(
                                Thanks,
                                        Petr Vandrovec
                                        vandrove@vc.cvut.cz