Re: 2.2.15 with eepro100: eth0: Too much work at interrupt

From: Andrey Savochkin (saw@saw.sw.com.sg)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 20:39:03 EST

Hello,

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 04:38:20PM -0700, Dragan Stancevic wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2000, Kamlesh Bans <kbans@corsair.com> wrote:
> ;
> ; The "res2" patch Andrey sent me (adding #define USE_IO to the 1.20.2.5
> ; driver) works! Hooray!
>

> Good spoting Andrey, that explains eeprom checksum :^)

8-()

It doesn't explain it for me!
The question is not in the delay. Udelay(100) didn't help.
It's USE_IO that fixed things for Kamlesh.

Well, I've heard from other l-k discussions that memory mapping PCI IO isn't
very easy. Different write operations may be reordered or coalesced.
I would appreciate if someone with PCI knowledge elaborates it for me and
gives a hint how to do several writes to a single address with guarantee that
they are committed as they are.

Best regards
                Andrey