Re: Correction: 2.2.15-SMP, eepro100, elusive boot failure

From: kumon@flab.fujitsu.co.jp
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 10:07:54 EST

Andrey Savochkin writes:
> > Same hang at boot with "eth0: card reports no RX buffers" and so on.
>
> First of all, try the newer driver from latest Alan's prepatch or from
> ftp://ftp.sw.com.sg/pub/Linux/people/saw/kernel/v2.2/
> They contain at least one timing fix which may be relevant.

Does 2.3.99-pre8 have same problem or not?

Very unfortunately, our machine hits the problem.
When I installed four eepro100s into it, two of them output the above
messages and other two didn't. Only two cards were able to work.

What is difficult to understand is that different cards output the
message on every booting.

Currently I have not enough time to test, I booted only twice. During
the first booting, eth1 and eth2 claims. In the second try, eth2 and
eth3 claims.

It's serious for me..

--
Computer Systems Laboratory, Fujitsu Labs.
kumon@flab.fujitsu.co.jp