Re: Linux 2.3.99pre9-2 JOB list

From: Blu3 (david@killerlabs.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 00:34:32 EST

(Alan, there's an addition to the TODO list at the bottom)

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > > Fixed
> > > -----
> > > VM needs rebalancing or we have a bad leak
> > Andrea's classzone makes things spiffy again.
> Spiffy but not correct and not stable under all circumstances.
>
> You may want to try Juan Quintela's latest patch (against
> pre9-2) which contains bugfixes for the last known stability
> issues and may well have performance exceeding that of Andrea's
> code...

I certainly will.

Alan, another bug I just found. GRE devices are toast. With the renaming
change started in pre7-5, IPIP tunnels no longer function. It can be
established and configured correctly but traffic routed over the tunnel
silently disappears.

On a side note to this, I used to be able to call a device "gre_david" for
example. This fails silently in some stages and gives an error at a later
stage of establishment.

I.e. you can run "ip tunnel add gre_david mode ...." and it appears to have
suceeded, even shows up with "ip tunnel show". However later configuration
steps fail with "cannot find device gre_david".

I pose the question. Is the naming convention "gre_david" not allowed any
longer and only "greN" allowed?

-d